From Medicinal Plants Usage
It can be found between sea level and 365 metres, along roadsides, hedge bottoms, and is a common weed of waste ground and gardens.
This grass is native to:
- northern Africa (Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia);
- western and middle Asia (Afghanistan, Cyprus, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan); the Caucasus (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and the Russian Federation in Ciscaucasia and Dagestan);
- northern, middle, eastern, and southeastern Europe (Albania, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, including Corsica, Germany, Greece, including Crete, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, including Sardinia and Sicily, Moldova, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, including the Balearic Islands, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the former Yugoslavian states).<ref name=grin1/>
This is an annual or biennial grass ranging from about 20 to 90 centimeters in maximum height. It has a small leaf blade and its inflorescence is spreading, with the lower parts drooping more than the upper. The spikelet is up to 3 centimeters long.
Invasive plant species
- This page was last modified on 18 February 2016, at 09:19.
- This page has been accessed 49 times.